Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rental Cars Mean Freedom

Dennis Prager used to get driven around when he flew into a community to speak.

He found that with this method, he was giving his speeches twice.

So he started renting a car. He loves freedom. In 1992, he stopped worrying about driving on the Sabbath. This must've played a role in his decision.

I've rarely rented a car but when I have, it has been an absolute joy. I've always owned old cars. To drive a new car is a thrill.

In May 2007, I rented a car and picked up my girlfriend and we just drove north, eventually making it to Coos Bay, Oregon. Then we headed to the Napa Valley for the weekend and spent two more days in Yosemite.

Rental car = freedom in my head.

I just need the spare money to do it all again.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to take a vacation and go where I wanted. I just love the open road. That's America. That's Australia. That's freedom. I love being an adult. A rental car helps make these things possible.

No comments: